Intuit has always strived to make the user experience more enjoyable with time. For this, it offers many tools that help you with your accounting within Quickbooks. Quickbooks Database Server Manager is one of the tools developed by Intuit that lets you connect to the multi-user mode at ease once connected. Additionally, for those who prefer to use multi-user mode, it is a must-have tool. After examining its importance, we have created this post, to discuss the correct downloading, installation steps, and setup of the QBDSM tool. Also, you will learn about the most effective uses of using the QB Database server management.
Assistance You Get From QuickBook Database Server Manager Tool
● In the multi-user mode, this program can scan corporate files effortlessly and efficiently. It aids in fixing many errors such as Quickbooks error 15241 and many other problems that are difficult to resolve.
● It will detect the QB’s corporate files through scanners on local devices’ method.
Note that this utility must be saved to the folder where files of the company are stored. This will improve the program’s efficiency and provide you with an experience that is more luxurious when you use it.
QBDSM Tool Setup: The Safest Way
You will require to use the Database Manager tool when you need to manage multi-user access on your system. This tool lets multiple users work with the same file for the company simultaneously. Follow the steps below to utilize the tool efficiently.
1. Download QBDSM
QB Database Server Manager is an inbuilt tool that is part of QuickBooks Desktop. So, it isn’t necessary to download it from the internet. Simply download QuickBooks Desktop to start using the program.
2. Install QBDSM
To eliminate issues such as Quickbooks Error 15241 or other errors, it’s essential to install the tool properly. If you have multiple QB versions on the network then begin the QBDBSM installation from the last version to the newest.
● Shut down all applications that are running in the background of your server PC.
● Run the QuickBooks installer to launch it. Then, you can begin the Installation Wizard.
● Set up an Internet connection to the system, and then proceed ahead.
● Go through the Software Agreement thoroughly and approve the terms and conditions.
● Now, click “Next”.
● Thereafter navigate to “Custom and Network” and select the particular installation method.
● Give the license number if needed.
● Choose “Yes” and grant access.
● Obey the prompts on-screen to finish the installation.
● After installing the tool, it’s time to update it. The next part will help you with the same.
3. Updating The QBDSM Tool
It is not necessary to upgrade QB Database Server Manager separately. Updates are automatically applied when you update QuickBooks. Follow these instructions below to update it manually:
● Firstly, tap on “Windows/Start”.
● Now select “Programs”.
● Now look for QBDSM and tap on “Updates”.
● Then follow the screens coming on your windows to finish the QBDSM updates.
The Best Uses of QBDSM
1. For Scanning your Folders
It is essential to scan the folders that store your company files before you start sharing them. The steps are:
● Open “Windows Menu”.
● On the Search Bar, write up “Database” thereafter open QBDSM.
● Now Navigate through “Scan Folders”.
● Then, tap “Browse” and pick the folder storing your company files.
● Now click “OK” once you select the needed folder. Then choose “Start Scan”.
● Once the scan is completed the folder will be displayed within the “QuickBooks company files found” section. From there you can access the company files. It will be possible to access company files from any other computer on your network. It also helps remove issues like Quickbooks Error 15241 and other technical issues.
2. To Monitor the Drives
All scanned folders are kept in the drives that are listed under “Monitored Drives”. This step makes sure that you don’t have to scan them again if you relocate or modify your company’s files on them.
● Navigate to “Monitored Drives” firstly.
● Thereafter select the hard drives checkboxes where the QB company files are kept.
● Now the re-scans aren’t required if you modify or relocate the company files.
3. Managing the QBDSM Tool
In addition to the tabs discussed overhead, more tabs are there that help in ensuring that everything is functioning effortlessly. The additional tabs are:
● “System Tab”. It assists you to determine the location of the tool for managing data servers on your computer.
● “Database Server”. This tab displays the live condition of your tool so you can easily identify you are connected with the software.
4. Add a Folder
With the help of the Quickbooks Database Server Manager tool, you can also add a folder. The steps are:
● Firstly, tap on “Add Folders”.
● Thereafter choose the specific folder you need to add.
● The folder’s location is inside those folders containing the company files. This is the last but most beneficial use of the Quickbooks Database Server Manager tool.
Some Last Words
QB Database server manager undoubtedly is among the most powerful tools available to users. Without it, you can’t even use Multi-user Mode. Still, there are times when you could be confused about the setup process and the way to use it. But after reading this article, you will understand all aspects of QBDBMS. Lastly, we hope that this post will aid you in making the most out of the Database Server Manager.